Research - The Power of Innovation
The Power of Innovation - safety cabinet Claire® pro
Research always forms the basis for innovation. For this reason, since 2002, Berner International has has a private research laboratory at its site in Germany. In numerous research projects, the teams of Berner International develop new solutions and improved products for working safely in the laboratory, including projects funded by the Federal Ministry for Economics and Technology.
Well-established microbiological test methods, derived from DIN EN 12469, DIN 12980 or NSF 49 are applied for testing the safety functions. The examination of special constructions is also possible using these methods.
Several examples of accomplished research projects include:
- Movements as interference factors in the laboratory
- Safe cytostatic preparations in an isolator
- Optimisation of airflow in particle filters
- Realistic testing methods of safety cabinets
- Contamination of safety cabinet filters with cytostatics
- Performance capacity of safety cabinets in correlation with airflow